There are several arts and culture programs and events at UNSW, as well as state of the art facilities open to both students and staff.
- Art Collection
A walking tour of twelve works from the UNSW Art Collection entitled public art@UNSW has been created within the public domain of the Kensington campus.
- UNSW Art & Design's Public Exhibition Space regularly hosts exhibitions in its galleries.
- School of the Arts and Media offers regular performances, screenings and research seminars by staff and students as well as special lectures and events from visiting artists and academics. Venues and rehearsal spaces managed by the Creative Practice Lab are available for hire by performance companies, independent artists, filmmakers, students and community groups.
- Australia Ensemble runs a free concert and workshop series as well as its subscription season.
- The Collegium Musicum Choir typically involves around 100 singers in each program, and presents three concerts annually. Membership includes undergraduate and postgraduate students, staff, alumni and community members.
- UNSW Orchestra was founded in 1989 to bring the live performance of fine music to the University community and to the many people who live in the surrounding suburbs.
- UNSW Wind Band is a symphonic wind band consisting of around 50 woodwind, brass and percussion players. Band members are students, staff and alumni of UNSW.
- UNSW Institute of Languages offers English courses for migrants funded by the Australian Government, Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) through the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP).
- UNSW Literary Fellowship is funded by the University's volunteer U Committee, and awarded every two years to a distinguished writer (in any field), desirably with a work in progress that would benefit from a period at the University and with a willingness to contribute to university life.
- UNSW Great Books Group is open to staff and students of UNSW and the community. Each book is introduced to the group by a speaker with a general discussion held the following week. Meetings are held every Friday during Semester at 1pm. Please email email@example.com or call (02) 9382 4620.