Our School is a global centre of excellence in for research in accounting, auditing and taxation. UNSW is one of only three universities to designated Well Above World Standard for research in accounting in the Australian Research Council’s 2018 national assessment of Excellence in Research for Australia.
Areas our researchers specialise in include:
- decision-making processes and behavioural biases in financial management and assurance;
- Regulatory reform – in accounting and audit standards, and taxation;
- performance management system design;
- multinational tax avoidance;
- fraud examination; and
- market impacts of financial disclosures.
Many of our academics have also been recognised though a range of international research awards and Australian Research Council grants.
Our academics also provide significant research leadership through Editor-in-Chief appointments at high quality academic journals –Accounting and Finance, Australian Journal of Management, eJournal of Tax Research and Australian Tax Forum.
Want to pursue a postgraduate research degree with us? Click below to find out more.