For many companies ‘Big data’ makes their marketing tick. However, if it is unstructured it can totally inundate a business on a day-to-day basis.
“Big data is a big deal, and will lead to huge new opportunities in the coming years,” says Associate Professor Valentyn Panchenko. “Big data is in effect a new resource with great untapped potential.”
UNSW Business School and BusinessThink are holding a round-table discussion on ‘Big Data in Business and Research’.
The aim is to share the knowledge about the current state of Big Data use in business, government, and academia, discuss the future of Big Data, explore possible synergies and provide networking opportunities.
Keynote speakers include:
- Amy Shi-Nash, Head of Data Science and Innovation, Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- John Roberts, Professor of Marketing, UNSW Business School
- Denzil Fiebig, Professor of Economics and Econometrics, UNSW Business School
- Philip Clarke, Professor of Health Economics, Melbourne School of Population and Global Health,
- Gemma van Halderen, General Manager, Strategy and Partnerships Division, ABS
Date: 4th of November
Location: UNSW CBD, 1 O'Connell St, Sydney
Further Information: Big Data in Business Research
Media contact: Julian Lorkin: 02 9385 9887