Globally renowned banking and finance authorities, including Christopher Kent, the Assistant Governor (Financial Markets) at the Reserve Bank of Australia, and Dr Augusto López-Claros, Director of the World Bank Global Indicators Group, plus many other Australian and international monetary experts and senior government executives, will debate key issues, share research and discuss disruption in the global financial system at the Australasian Finance and Banking Conference.
In his keynote address, Dr Kent will talk about the availability of business finance. Dr Lopez analyses income inequality using the latest information from the World Bank with respect to economic and financial implications of income inequality on growth, innovation and security. Dr Kent and Dr Lopez-Claros will address their keynotes in the business forum of the conference to be held on Wednesday 13 December from 10.30am to 12.45pm.
Now in its 30th year, the conference connects business leaders, world-class academics and senior practitioners.
An initiative of the Institute of Global Finance and School of Banking & Finance at the UNSW Business School, the Australasian Finance and Banking Conference will be held from the 13th to 15th December 2017 at the Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney.
The UNSW Business School’s Professor Fariborz Moshirian, the Director of the Institute of Global Finance, said in past years the conference had been successful in bringing together the world’s foremost thought leaders from the financial community. “The Australasian Finance and Banking Conference is the most prestigious finance conference in the Asia-Pacific region.”
The high-level conference will discuss the main challenges affecting the banking and finance industries in the Asia Pacific region, and what this means for Australian markets. Up to 300 delegates from 30 countries are expected to participate in the conference.
The conference will include a PhD forum for advanced Doctoral Students.
When: Wednesday 13th December to Friday 15th December 2017
Location: The Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney, Australia
More details: Australasian Finance and Banking Conference
This forum will include the following eminent speakers:
- Christopher Kent, Reserve Bank of Australia
- Dr. Augusto López-Claros, World Bank
- Professor Ronald Masulis, UNSW Business School
- Anthony Saunders, New York University
- Luigi Zingales, University of Chicago
Papers to be discussed include:
- Wealth Effect of Corporate Alliances on BondholdersCorporate Cash Holdings in the Cross Section of Stock Returns
- Capital Structure Determinants of Small and Medium Capitalised Firms
- The Investment Behaviour of Qualified Foreign Institutional Investors in China
- The Trading Performance of Hedge Funds in a Zero-Sum Contest
- The Low Volatility Anomaly in Australian Stock Returns
- Discretionary Trading and Inattention During the 2010 FIFA World Cup
Media are invited to attend, but must confirm their attendance in advance at email@example.com.
For further details call Professor Fariborz Moshirian on 02 9385 5859.