Electrical and telecommunications engineers are in high demand in every industry that uses technology. As an example, here is a list of companies that our students took internships or graduate roles with in a 12-month period.
Are there jobs?
Our postgraduate student society STEEP run a growing number of events and activities every year, expanding its community. Established in 2018, STEEP aim to provide a common platform for postgraduate coursework students to foster networking, discover opportunities for professional development and enrich their UNSW experience.
The recently refurbished ($104M), award-winning Electrical Engineering Building, with thousands of square metres of brand new teaching and research labs, the Real-time Digital Simulation Laboratory, the largest in any university world-wide, the Australian National Fabrication Facility, capable of producing sub-20nm semiconductor device features, the Joint National Fibre Facility, to name just a few.
- Engineers crack 58-year-old puzzle on way to quantum breakthrough
- New ARC Research Hub for Integrated Energy Storage Solutions focuses on transition towards sustainable, reliable, secure and cost-effective energy
- UNSW Sydney researchers attract $1.3 million investment for cyber security spin-out
- Thought control technology is coming out of science fiction and into real life
- Plan to Mine the Moon Gives Australia Opening in New Space Era
- Uni labs testing limits of quantum communications
- Smartphone app to screen for early signs of dementia
- Researchers Propose Floating Microgrids Made up of Electric Boats
- Hot qubits made in Sydney break one of the biggest constraints to practical quantum computers