The Sustainable Manufacturing and Life Cycle Engineering Research Group at UNSW is involved in various industrial and student projects in the field of Life Cycle Engineering (LCE). Our research strengths:
- Low carbon manufacturing
- Energy efficiency evaluation in manufacturing
- Carbon footprint assessment
- Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and Life Cycle Costing (LCC)
- Sustainable supply chain management
- End-of-Life products treatment, including reuse, remanufacturing, and recycling
The research group collaborates with Technische Universität Braunschweig (Germany) under the name of Joint German-Australian Research Group in Sustainable Manufacturing and Life Cycle Management from 2009. This collaboration focuses on making multinational manufacturing processes and resource consumption more sustainable.