UNSW School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering conducts world leading research across all aspects of advanced manufacturing, materials, and structures.
Our School is also home to two Australian Research Council funded training centres that highlight our strong commitment to working with industry partners:
- The ARC Training Centre for Automated Manufacture of Advanced Composites (AMAC)
- ARC Training Centre for Fire Retardant Materials and Safety Technologies
Through our research and partnerships with industry, we endeavour to:
- Improve products and processes by making manufacturing more sustainable, increasing efficiency of small- and large-scale manufacturing, and improving management strategies
- Enhance the performance and multifunctional capabilities of materials, structures and devices to meet extreme operating conditions
- Develop multiscale computational models to link structural performance to materials characteristics and manufacturing processes