At UNSW, our expertise in engineering systems includes acoustics, noise generated by flow, vibration, condition monitoring and wear. We perform fundamental and applied research to create novel solutions for industry and society.
Our specialties include:
- Aeroacoustics, fluid-structure interaction, flow-induced noise, acoustic and vibration measurements,
- Advanced analytical and numerical capabilities for wave propagation in complex media,
- Advanced numerical capabilities for flow-structure-acoustic interaction problems, and
- Wear and fracture mechanisms, and machine condition monitoring using multiple sensor technologies.
- Advanced analytical and numerical capabilities to study inter-disciplinary problems in the areas of acoustics, vibration, fluid flow, homogenization and metamaterials.
- State of the art facilities and world-leading expertise in the field of machine condition monitoring using vibration, wear debris analysis and a series of innovative sensor technologies.
- Aeroacoustic measurements including acoustic beamforming, near-field acoustic holography, unsteady surface pressure and fluid dynamics.