Medicine and biology rely increasingly on imaging technologies and effective methods to process the large data sets they produce. We develop advanced computational methods for automated image analysis and downstream multimodal data analytics. We also employ informatics to improve the reliability and throughput of biomedical diagnostics and screening.
Our research areas include:
- deep learning for biomedical image analysis
- bioimage informatics and health informatics
- automated discovery of imaging biomarkers
- high-throughput image analytics for drug screening
- medical image segmentation and quantification
- multimodal biomedical image registration
- automation in radiotherapy treatment planning
- anatomical feature extraction and quantification
- object detection and tracking in live-cell microscopy
- pattern recognition in digital histopathology.