We offer a variety of research scholarships to UNSW Engineering postgraduate students. These include government and industry funded schemes and scholarships for domestic and international researchers.
UNSW Funded Scholarships
Our research students have access to multiple UNSW funded and administered scholarships. Find out more about scholarships for specific programs or research areas, their conditions and eligibility criteria.
Engineering Research Ambassador Award
The Engineering Research Ambassador Award supports highly motivated HDR students who are keen to promote the Faculty’s research throughout UNSW and the wider community with a particular focus on the undergraduate student community. They will have opportunities to establish themselves as leaders within their cohort and develop excellent communication skills.
Home Country Scholarships
For international students, some countries offer scholarships for their citizens to undertake research degrees abroad. For more information, enquire with your home university.
We also have UNSW/Home Country Joint Scholarships, established to promote international collaboration with five other countries.
Research scholarships are also available through some of our UNSW Engineering Schools and centres. Visit our individual school websites for more information:
- Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
- School of Chemical Engineering
- School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- School of Computer Science and Engineering
- School of Electrical and Telecommunications Technology Engineering
- School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
- School of Minerals and Energy Resources Engineering
- School of Photovoltaic and Renewable Energy Engineering