Khizir Mahmud is a member of the Energy Systems research group. He is working as an Adjunct Associate Lecturer at the School of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications, University of New South Wales (UNSW), Sydney, Australia. He is also working at the Power Services, Northern Territory Government, Australia. In 2018, he received his PhD degree in Electrical Engineering from UNSW. Before joining UNSW, he worked with the Power Systems Research Group, School of Automation, Northwestern Polytechnical University (NWPU), China. In 2017, he was a visiting researcher at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, USA.
Dr Mahmud is the recipient of the UNSW postdoctoral writing fellowship and the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship. He also received the WU Yajun award by NWPU for excellent academic and research performance.
Currently, Dr Mahmud is serving as a section editor of the Smart Science journal, Taylor & Francis, UK, and the topic editor of the Sustainability journal, Switzerland.
Google Scholar | Researchgate | ORCID | Scopus | Web of Science
- Internet of energy and virtual power plant
- Peer-peer energy transactions
- Forecasting and day-ahead robust dispatch engine development
- Battery storage, renewable energy and electric vehicle integration to the grid
- Smart grid peak demand management
- Machine learning
- Lab, ELEC3105 - Electrical Energy
- Lab, ELEC4612 - Power Systems Analysis
- Lab, ELEC4123 - Design Proficiency
- Lab, ELEC260 - Introduction to Mechatronics
- Lab, ENG150 - Electrical and Mechanical Systems
- Tajinder Kumar, undergrad thesis, UNSW
Thesis: Stochastic optimization of customers-end energy resources.
Employment: Royal Australian Air Force
- Shashank Soman, undergrad thesis, UNSW
Thesis: Battery storage and EV operation optimization using PSO.
- Manfei Li, undergrad thesis, UNSW
Thesis: IoT-based energy sharing process.
Employment: ICM Airport Technics
- Guanjie Yue, undergrad thesis, UNSW
Thesis: Implementation of the local controller of EMS using LabView
Current: post-graduation, University of Sydney, Australia
- Weilun Peng, undergrad thesis, UNSW
Thesis: Development of power demand forecasting techniques.
- Behram Khan, masters thesis, UNSW
Thesis: Integration of distributed energy resources into the virtual power plant.
- Postdoctoral writing fellowship, UNSW, Australia
- Postgraduate Research Student Support (PRSS) Grant, UNSW
- Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship
- Graduate Student Research Excellence Fund, NWPU, China
- Wu Yajun Merit Scholarship, NWPU, China
- Chinese Government Scholarship
- Undergraduate Merit Scholarship, CUET, Bangladesh
- Russian Government Scholarship
- Education Board Talent Pool Scholarship with merit position
- Member, IEEE
- Member, IEEE Power and Energy Society
- Member, IEEE Industrial Electronics Society
- Member, IEEE Industry Applications Society
- Member, IEEE Young Professionals
- Member, International Association of Engineers
- Member, Engineers Australia
- Professor Josep M Guerrero, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Professor Pierluigi Siano, University of Salerno, Italy
- Professor MJ Hossain, University of Technology Sydney, Australia
- Professor Gunnur Kocar, Ege University, Turkey
- Professor Lei Tao, Northwestern Polytechnical University, China
Journal Editorial Board Member
- Section Editor, Smart Science, Taylor & Francis.
- Topic Editor, Sustainability, MDPI, Switzerland.
Conference Organizing/Technical Committee Member
- 4th International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Green Energy (GEEGE), Munich, Germany, June 10-13, 2021
- 6th International Conference on New Energy and Future Energy Systems (NEFES 2021), Xi'an, China, Nov 1 - 4, 2021
- 2021 The 3rd Asia Energy and Electrical Engineering Symposium (AEEES), Chengdu, China, Mar 26 - 29, 2021
- 2021 International Conference on New Energy Research and Applications (ICNERA 2021), Sanya, China, Jan 22 - 24, 2021
- 5th International Conference on New Energy and Future Energy Systems (NEFES 2020), Xi’an, China, Jul 14 - 17, 2020
- 2nd Asia Energy and Electrical Engineering Symposium (AEEES 2020), Chengdu, China, May 29 - 31, 2020
2019 International Conference on Smart Science (ICSS 2019), Guma, Japan, Mar 30 - April 2, 2019
IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, IEEE Transactions on Transportation Electrification, IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics, IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, IEEE Systems Journal, ETransportation, Journal of Power Electronics, IEEE Access, Australian Journal of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Journal of Cleaner Production, Journal of Modern Power Systems and Clean Energy, Applied Energy, Energy Efficiency, International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, Asian Journal of Control, Engineering Reports, IET Electrical Systems in Transportation, IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution, IET Power Electronics, International Journal of Emerging Electric Power Systems, International Journal of Numerical Modelling: Electronic Networks, Devices and Fields, Journal of Sustainability Research
Technical Reviewer for the conference: PECI 2017, ISGT- Asia 2017, TPEC 2017-18, EEEP-19, IICPE2018, NEFES2019.
His review activities can be found here.