Applications for 2016 admission will open mid-August 2015.
The Elite Athletes and Performers (EAP) Bonus Points Program recognises excellence in sport, academic pursuits, music and leadership achievements by awarding bonus points to eligible applicants.
UNSW also offers an EAP Support Program, which offers students flexible study arrangements and support, enabling them to continue their extensive elite sporting commitments whilst studying at UNSW. Please see the Support section below for further information.
Elite Athletes and Performers - Bonus Points
Students can be considered for EAP bonus points for undergraduate study at UNSW. The EAP Program awards up to five bonus points to high school leavers who have excelled in areas of sport, academia, leadership, and/or music at an elite level. Activities and/or commitments must have been undertaken in years 11 and/or 12.
To be considered for EAP Bonus Points in 2016 you must meet each of the following criteria:
- Be either an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or hold a current Australian Permanent Resident or Humanitarian visa;
- Complete an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (Year 12) or an equivalent overseas secondary qualification in the year prior to admission* to UNSW and receive an ATAR or equivalent;
- Have no record of study at a university or TAFE Cert IV or above; and
- Provide sufficient supporting documentation with your application to successfully demonstrate that your studies in year 11 and/or 12 have been affected by your sporting, academic, music and/or leadership commitments.**
*Applicants who completed the above qualifications in 2014 and took a gap year in 2015 are also eligible for EAP bonus points for admission in 2016.
**UNSW, along with the NSW Board of Studies, recognises the beginning of Year 11 as having commenced in Term 1, 2014.
EAP Bonus Points are not available for admission to the BMedMD, or any Co-op degrees. EAP Bonus Points for Combined Law are under review for 2017 entry.
Eligibility under EAP Bonus Points does not automatically lead to an offer for a degree at UNSW. Applicants are still required to compete for an offer on the basis of academic merit. All applicants will also need to complete an application via the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) at www.uac.edu.au for admission to university.
Please note: EAP Bonus Points are available in conjunction with other bonus point schemes, such as HSC Plus bonus points.
Elite Athletes and Performers bonus points table
The bonus points table outlines commonly recognised elite achievements and details the number of bonus points allocated to a specific activity. If you have participated in an activity at an elite level and it is not displayed in the table, please contact email@example.com for further information.
The 2016 EAP points table is currently under review.
For a copy of the 2015 EAP bonus points table, click here.
How to apply
- Applications for entry to UNSW in 2016, will re-open on mid-August 2015.
- Applications will close on Monday, 30 November 2015 for 2016 Semester 1 and Semester 2 admission.
- All EAP applicants must submit an online application by the closing date to be considered for bonus points. Supporting documents must also be provided. Applications that have not been submitted, are incomplete or lack supporting documentation (uploaded or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org) by the application deadline of 11.59pm on 30 November, 2015 will not be assessed. It is the responsibility of applicants to contact the EAP team on 02 9385 1844 or email email@example.com prior to the application deadline if there are any concerns about an incomplete application or deficient supporting documentation.
Please note that the EAP Bonus Points Program undergoes an annual review. The next review will take place in April 2015.
UNSW reserves the right to change any degree, admission requirement, bonus points or any other information without notice.
Elite Athletes and Performers - Support Program
Elite Athletes and Performers Support Program provides eligible current students with the necessary support to successfully integrate their academic life with their external pursuits in the form of enrolment flexibility, cross-institutional study options and leave of absence for travel commitments.
For more information on support for elite athletes, please see the elite athletes support program website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants to postgraduate degrees who consider that they are elite athletes or performers should email the EAP Program office on email@example.com.
For enquiries regarding Music, Leadership or Academic achievements, please contact:
UNSW Future Students Office
(02) 9385 1844
For enquiries regarding elite Sporting achievements, please contact:
Helen Bryson - Elite Athlete and Performers Scholarships & Support Program Coordinator
(02) 9385 5725