Applications for 2014 admission are now closed.
The Elite Athletes and Performers (EAP) Program supports students with a flexible entry process that considers both academic and elite achievements and recognises these through bonus points.
UNSW also offers flexible study arrangements and support for elite athletes and performers who wish to continue their elite commitments whilst studying at UNSW. Please see the support section below for further information.
Elite Athletes and Performers - Bonus Points
Students can be considered for additional ATAR bonus points for undergraduate study at UNSW*. The EAP Program awards up to five bonus points to high school leavers who have excelled in areas of sport, academia, performance, leadership, and/or music at an elite level. Activities and/or commitments must have been undertaken in years 11 and/or 12.
To be considered for EAP Bonus Points in 2014 you must meet each of the following criteria:
- Be either an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or hold a current Australian Permanent Resident or Humanitarian visa.
- Complete an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (Year 12) in the year prior to admission* to UNSW and receive an ATAR or equivalent.
- Have not commenced tertiary study at any higher education institute.
- Provide supporting documents with your application (please see "How to apply" section below). Please note all supporting documents need to be certified by a Justice of the Peace.
- Demonstrate that your studies in years 11 and/or 12 have been significantly affected by your sporting, performing and/or leadership commitments.
- Meet the assessment criteria, which can be found here, and be considered elite in the area of your achievement.
*Applicants who completed the above qualifications in 2012 and took a gap year in 2013 are also eligible for EAP bonus points for admission in 2014.
EAP Bonus Points are not available for admission to the BMedMD, or any Co-op degrees.
Eligibility under EAP Bonus Points does not automatically lead to an offer for a degree at UNSW. Applicants are still required to compete for an offer on the basis of academic merit. All applicants will also need to complete an application via the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) on www.uac.edu.au for admission to university.
Please note: EAP Bonus Points can be used in conjunction with other bonus point schemes, such as HSC Plus bonus points.
How to apply
- Please click here to access the online application system.
- All Elite Athletes and Performers applicants must complete the online application form and ensure that certified documentation is provided.
- Applications close on Saturday, 30 November 2013.
- No late or incomplete applications will be accepted. Please make sure you submit your application and all supporting documents (certified by a Justice of the Peace) by the deadline.
Elite Athletes and Performers bonus points table
The bonus points table outlines commonly recognised elite achievements and details the number of bonus points allocated to a specific activity. If you have participated in an activity at an elite level and it is not displayed in the table, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
For a copy of the 2014 Elite Athletes and Performers bonus points table, click here.
The EAP Program Bonus Points undergoes an annual review. The next review will take place from March to June 2014 for admission in 2015.
Elite Athletes and Performers - Support Program
Elite Athletes and Performers Support Program provides eligible current students with the necessary support to successfully integrate their academic life with their external pursuits in the form of enrolment flexibility, cross-institutional study options and leave of absence for travel commitments.
For more information on support for elite athletes, please see the elite athletes support program website or email email@example.com.
Applicants to postgraduate degrees who consider that they are elite athletes or performers should email the EAP Program office on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Elite Athletes and Performers - Bonus Points enquiries contact:
UNSW Student Recruitment Office
(02) 9385 1844
For Elite Athletes and Performers - Support Program enquiries contact:
Helen Bryson - Elite Athlete and Performers Scholarships & Support Program Coordinator
(02) 9385 5725
*UNSW reserves the right to change any degree, admission requirement, bonus points or any other information without notice.