In 2011 UNSW welcomed more of the top 500 NSW HSC performers than any other university. Why not be one of the many high achieving students who have taken advantage of the wide array of study options, the great campus life, the fantastic industry partnerships and the over 400 international universities that UNSW offer exchange opportunities to?
- In the 2012 Good Universities Guide UNSW rated at the top for graduate employment – getting a job, starting salaries and positive graduate outcomes.
- The Australian Graduate Survey 2010 shows that UNSW graduates have the highest median starting salaries and employment rate.
- UNSW is recognized as the Australian university with the strongest links to industry, reflecting its focus on real-world research and innovative research partnerships.
- In 2011, UNSW was the first Australian university to be awarded five stars in the new QS Stars rating system, and is ranked 49th worldwide on the 2011 QS World University Rankings.
- UNSW is the state’s top ranked university based on the 2010 Excellence in Research for Australia report.
To help you get here why not apply for our High Achiever Scholarship – see below.
High Achiever Scholarships
UNSW High Achiever Scholarships – APPLY NOW! $5,000 for one year
If you achieved an ATAR of 99 or above, are an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident, and want to complete a full time undergraduate degree at UNSW next year, see here for Application details.
Scientia Scholarships $10,000 per year for the duration of the program
Scientia Scholarships recognise students who have received an ATAR of 99.90 or above. No application is needed, see here for more information.
Our high achievers accomplish great things:
|Alice was awarded a Co-op Program Scholarship in Photovoltaic & Solar Energy Engineering/Arts and graduated with a University Medal in 2011. Alice was extremely active in her time at UNSW; she was our first Scholar to complete an international placement at SunTech in China, volunteered for various causes, was active in sport and after attending some night language classes, completed a semester of international exchange where all her classes were taught in French! Alice is a recipient of the Rhodes Scholarship and is currently studying at Oxford. Hear more about Alice’s experience on YouTube.|
Tanvir is a 5th Year Arts/Law student majoring in Development Studies and Economics. He holds a Scientia Scholarship which has allowed him, amongst other things to complete an internship with The Hunger Project, undertake short courses on global issues in Geneva, and undertake an exchange semester in Bangladesh. He has just been awarded UNSW’s Harvard Travel Scholarship and will spend next semester studying international legal subjects at Harvard Law School.
Hear from Tanvir and the experiences of some of our other high achievers on YouTube.
We look forward to meeting you at Info Day, Wednesday 4 January 2012 @ UNSW!