Data governance is a critical function for all businesses. It is an important way in which organisations can start to manage data as an asset.
Every business now is a data driven organisation, and an effective data governance program can help to protect data, meet compliance obligations, and support strategic and tactical change. As such, setting up a data governance program for success is an important skill set for modern leaders and managers.
Every organisation is unique, and there is no ‘one-size fits all approach’ on how best to approach data governance. However, there are a range of principles and tools that can be applied, based on the size, complexity and level of maturity of each organisation. The challenge for organisations is to match the data governance approach with the needs of each business, and this course will help with this.
Key learning outcomes:
Through this very practical course, you will:
Understand data governance
- Develop a clear perspective of what Data Governance is
- Identify what are the Data Governance drivers are for your company
- Develop a plan of action that you can confidently share with your stakeholders.
- Identify key lessons learned and ensure these are implemented in your organisation
- Tips for how to communicate data governance across your organisation.
- The opportunity to network with others in a similar situation.
Explore data governance concepts and frameworks
- Understand data governance terminology and frameworks.
- Evaluate the pros and cons of different approaches for a data governance initiative.
- Understand the role of data governance tools in the market.
Set up data governance for success
- Understand the critical success factors
- Define the roles and responsibilities
- Align and engage stakeholders to understand data governance objectives and intended benefits
- Deliver your data governance program with confidence