Pioneers in Engineering Education
With 70 years of sustained teaching excellence, the UNSW School of Civil and Environmental Engineering continually works to improve the learning experience. We are always striving to implement the latest theory, practice and technological innovations in our programs, for the best educational outcomes.
With more than 2000 students, we play a leading role in delivering undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs in civil engineering, environmental engineering and surveying.
Learn in the Real World
We have extensive and close links with key industrial, commercial and professional organisations. Our programs strongly emphasise design and problem-solving.
You’ll benefit from:
- practical experience in exciting and innovative student-led projects and industry-based training
- excursions into the real world, seeing how theory is applied in practical engineering systems
- practice courses focused on essential teamwork and communication skills, including report writing, presentations and negotiation
- the latest in online delivery technology that complements face-to-face classroom interaction.
Study With the Best
Since its 1989 introduction, 15 of our academics have been awarded the prestigious Vice-Chancellor’s Award for Teaching Excellence. This award acknowledges both the high quality of teaching in terms of student experience and outcomes, and scholarly contribution to the theoretical understanding of education.
Current academic teaching staff who have received a V-C Award for Teaching Excellence:
- Associate Professor Mario Attard
- Professor D G Carmichael
- Dr Steven Davis
- A/Prof Taha Rashidi
- Dr Johnson Shen
- Professor Richard Stuetz
Read more in our Teaching Excellence Booklet.