The UNSW Biological, Earth & Environmental Sciences Advisory Board includes stakeholders from government agencies and industry bodies.
The purpose of the advisory board is to:
- review school activities and provide advice and support to the Head of School to accomplish the school’s vision
- consider the academic vision and achievements of the school and provide an external view of the relevance of teaching and research agendas
- assist in the development of key research and education linkages with relevant industry, community, government and regulatory bodies
- advise and inform on external factors that could impact the school and its workings
- raise awareness of the school and its activities among alumni, the profession, industry, government and the community
- provide support and introductions to enhance fundraising activities and research funding
- provide input into the formulation, development, refinement and implantation of strategic priorities for the school in line with the UNSW 2025 strategy
- serve as a source of independent advice to the Head of School regarding strategy and external relations.