How can tax administrations follow the global trends in service delivery? This is one of the themes that will be discussed when the UNSW Business School hosts the 12th International Conference on Tax Administration.
Keynote speakers will explore international approaches across a range of tax compliance and administration issues including reforms, risks and change.
The 12th International Tax Administration Conference, hosted by the School of Taxation and Business Law at the UNSW Business School, will focus on the main themes of alternative tax dispute resolution, citizen-focused tax administration, fostering voluntary compliance, and tax administrative responses to BEPS.
Other speakers will also look at how to reduce tax avoidance and fraud, what can the government do to reduce costs for tax administrations and tax payers, and to what extent do tax administrators influence public policy.
The conference will bring together revenue authorities, tax administrators, academics and practitioners from around the globe to share expertise and to extend understanding of emerging trends and challenges in tax administration.
Keynote speakers include:
- Mr Chris Jordan AO, Australian Taxation Office, who will also give the welcome address to delegates.
- Ms Naomi Ferguson, Commissioner and CEO Inland Revenue New Zealand
- Mr Ali Noroozi, Inspector-General of Taxation
- Dr Puspita Wulandari, Deputy Director, Directorate General of Tax Indonesia
- Ms Nina Olson, National Taxpayer Advocate, Internal Revenue Service, USA
- Mr Shinichi Nakabayashi, Director for Administration, Management and Coordination, Asian Development Bank Institute
- Professor Duncan Bentley, Pro Vice Chancellor, Swinburne University of Technology
- Mr Jeremy Sherwood, Former Head, Office of Tax Simplification, UK
- Mr Ian Taylor, Chair, Tax Practitioners Board Australia
The conference is being held 31 March - 1 April 2016 at the Coogee Crowne Plaza, Sydney. For further details contact Maree Magafas on 02 9385 9549.
Journalists wishing to attend the speech by Chris Jordan must confirm their attendance in advance.
Julian Lorkin: 02 9385 9887