- Since 2021: Senior Lecturer at UNSW, School of Maths & Stats, Sydney Australia.
- 2018 - 2021: Lecturer at UNSW, School of Maths & Stats, Sydney Australia.
- 2011 - 2017: Postdoctoral research associate at UNSW, School of Maths & Stats, Sydney Australia.
- 2006 - 2010: PhD in Physical Oceanography, Mediterranean Institute of Oceanography Toulon France.
- 2006: M.Sc. in Physical Oceanography and Meteorology, university of Toulon France.
- 2003 - 2006: Masters in Marine Engineering, SeaTech, Toulon France.
Observing, understanding and modelling the oceans is now my job at UNSW Sydney, focusing on the East Australian Current, shelf dynamics, marine heatwaves, and the trajectory of the Bluebottle jellyfish. Every oceanographic study involves a deep understanding of the physics driving the ocean circulation and variability, and mathematical tools are behind each scientific discovery.
More info: http://www.oceanography.unsw.edu.au/.
New project I am leading: BluebottleWatch, https://www.unsw.edu.au/science/our-schools/bees/our-research/bluebottlewatch
My Research Supervision
Youstina Elzahaby: Drivers and characteristics of marine heatwaves.
Daniel Lee: Drifting dynamics of the bluebottle.
Natacha Bourg: Dispersion from ocean boundary currents.
MATH1031: Mathematics for Life Science
MATH1041: Statistics for Life Science and Social Science
MATH1131: Mathematics 1A
Topic in Australian Marine Science (Master of Marine Science and Management)