My areas of interest are administrative law, including refugee and migration law.
My PhD is entitled The Administrative Appeals Tribunal and Character Assessments for Non-Citizens.
My academic publications and oral presentations include the following:
- “Expulsion: a comparative study of Australia and France” Delivered paper, National Administration Law Conference 2018.
- “Expulsion: a comparative study of Australia and France” (2018) 92 AIAL Forum 87-102.
- “The effect of ministerial directions on Tribunal independence” (2011) 18 Australian Journal of Administrative Law 161-171; (2011) 66 AIAL Forum 33-42.
- “Procedural fairness and the AAT’s review of visa cancellation decisions on character grounds” (2010) 17 Australian Journal of Administrative Law 77-91.
- “Tribunal independence”, Delivered paper, National Administration Law Conference 2010.
- “Cancelling visas on character grounds: a fundamentally new direction has been made governing s 501 visa cancellations” (2009) 47(9) Law Society Journal 66-68.
- "The challenge of migration to legal systems," WG Hart Workshop, Institute of Advanced Legal Studies: Delivered paper on the challenges of the proposed single tier immigration and asylum appeals system, comparing the UK and Australia 2004.
- “The international legal obligations owed to the asylum seekers on board the Tampa” (2002) 14 (2 & 3) International Journal of Refugee Law 279-301.