My research interests extend but are not limited to, the following topics;
Transportation Engineering, Transport Infrastructure Resilience, Traffic Assignment, Network Design, Highway Engineering, Operations Research, Statistical Modelling, Data Mining, Traffic Flow Theory, Autonomous Vehicle, Humanitarian logistics
- Traffic congestion modelling methodologies and variants that explain day-to-day flow volatility.
- Incident modelling, investigations into the traffic recovery patterns and predictive modelling.
- Safety related studies in autonomous vehicles
- Real-time traffic signal design and coordination
- Resilient transport networks: Disaster Resilience, Dynamic Traffic Assignment, CGE Models
- Ethical transport network modelling
- Innovative modelling and solution techniques for hunger and disaster long-term and short-term relief operations. Policies and tactics that have the potential to improve vulnerable peoples’ life by addressing welfare, fairness, effectiveness, and efficiency simultaneously.