Professor Evgeny Morozov, MSc, PhD, DSc (Moscow), MASME
· Applied and Structural Mechanics
· Design, Analysis and Manufacture of Composite Materials and Structures
· Mechanics of Composite Materials and Structures
· Modelling, Design and Optimization of Advanced Materials, Processes and Structural Components
· Publications - Books: 5; Journals: 133; Conference: 122; Other: 6
· Professor - Courses Currently Teaching: Mechanics of Solids, Engineering Materials
· Professor, UNSW Canberra (2007- present)
· Professor, Division of Engineering Science and Technology, UNSW Asia (2007)
· Professor, School of Mechanical Engineering, University of Natal, Durban, South Africa (1995-2007)
· Programme Director, School of Mechanical Engineering, University of Natal, Durban, South Africa (2001-2004)
· Visiting Professor (Research), Department of Mechanical Engineering, Brunel University, UK (Jul-Dec 2000)
· Visiting Professor, Department of Engineering Science and Mechanics, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, USA (Jan-May 1995)
· Professor, Department of Aerospace Composite Structures, Moscow State University of Aviation Technology (1990-1995)
· Deputy Dean (Research), Faculty of Aerospace Composite Structures, Moscow State University of Aviation Technology (1988-1994)
· Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Department of Composite Materials and Structures, Moscow State University of Aviation Technology (1977-1990)
· Courses Taught - Numerical Methods and Computer Programming, Strength of Materials, Elastic Stability and Vibrations, Mechanics of Composite Materials, Theory of Composite Laminated Plates, Optimum Design of Composite Structures, Structural Optimization, Manufacturing Technology, Advanced Manufacturing Systems, Design and Analysis of Manufacturing Processes, Mechanics of Solids
· Structural design, prototype manufacture, mechanical testing and analysis of structural components made from composite materials
· Material testing and characterization
· Design, modelling and computer simulation technologies for composite materials and structures
Title of the Professor of Aerospace Composite Structures, Moscow State University of Aviation Technology, 1994, awarded by the Russian State Committee for Higher Education.
Donald Julius Groen Prize 2002 awarded by the Structural Technology and Materials Group of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) for the paper “Design of Silo Structures Made from Composite Materials” published jointly with Professor J.L. Henshall (Nottingham Trent University, UK) and Dr C J Brown (Brunel University, UK) in the Institution’s Journal of Materials in 2002.
Professional Engineering Publishing Award 2002 for the papers, “Design optimization of silo structures made from composite materials, Part 1: design of the vertical cylindrical section and Part 2: optimum design of the composite conical hopper” published jointly with Professor J.L. Henshall (Nottingham Trent University, UK) and Dr C J Brown (Brunel University, UK) in the IMechE Journal of Materials in 2002.
Rated by the South African National Research Foundation (NRF) as “an internationally acclaimed researcher who enjoys considerable international recognition by his peers for the high quality of his research outputs”, (as a result of the 2004 NRF evaluation and rating exercise).