My research covers mathematical modelling of infectious diseases and the complex dynamical systems of their interaction in vivo with the immune system, as well as the epidemiology of their spread through communities. I collaborate with biomedical groups in Australia and overseas, particularly related to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), hepatitis B virus (HBV), and hepatitis C virus (HCV).
- Ph D, Applied Mathematics, University of Washington, Seattle, USA, 1984
- M Sc, Applied Mathematics, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia, 1978
- B Sc (hons), Applied Mathematics, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia, 1976
- Mathematical Modeling of Infectious Diseases
Recent Research Grants
- UNSW Cellular Genomics Futures Institute 2020 Seed Funding, "Predicting Time to Environment-Dependent Emergence of Multiple Myeloma in Patients (PreEEmpt), Croucher, Murray, Pagnucco, Moore, Phan, 2020-2022.
- ARC Discovery Project, "Determining features that separate groups of protein sequences", Murray, 2018-2020.
- NHMRC Project Grant, "Resolving Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) transmission", Turville, Hope, Vallely, MacLaren, Carr, Murray, Liu, 2017-2019.
- ARC Linkage Grant, “Innovative mathematical modelling to determine incorporation of gene therapy in different cell lineages; Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) as a model setting”, Murray, Symonds, 2013-2016.
- ARC Discovery Project, "Mathematical modelling can provide vital information on the effectiveness and practical implementation of microbicides and vaccines against HIV", Murray, Henry, Langlands, Klasse, 2013-2015.
- ARC Linkage Grant, “Can an anti-HIV gene in blood stem cells protect from immune depletion by HIV?”, Murray, Symonds, 2010-2012.
- NHMRC Project Grant, "Processes underlying establishment and maintenance of the latent HIV reservoir and potential impact of integrase inhibitors", Zaunders, Murray, Suzuki, 2008-2010.
- Australian Development Research Award, "Evaluating and predicting the epidemiological impact of health policies for reducing HIV in Melanesian and South-East Asian populations", Wilson, Hoare, Murray, Kaldor, Law, 2008-2010.