PhD (UNSW 2014-2018), MSuicidology (Griffith 2004-2006), BSW (Antwerp, Belgium 1982-1985)
Karl Andriessen is a Conjoint Senior Lecturer in the UNSW School of Psychiatry. Research interests include suicide prevention, bereavement after suicide and other causes of death, and help-seeking. He has also a particular interest in railway suicide prevention, sports events, helplines, and community mental health. NHMRC ECF at The University of Melbourne.
- NHMRC ECF (APP1157796), 2019-2022
- Anika Foundation for Adolescent Depression and Suicide, PhD Scholarship, 2014-2018
- Outstanding International Health Alumnus of the Year Award 2017, Griffith University, Brisbane
- AISRAP Outstanding Alumni of the Year Award 2017, Australian Institute for Suicide Research and Prevention, Griffith University
- AISRAP Outstanding International Alumni of the Year Award 2017, Australian Institute for Suicide Research and Prevention, Griffith University
- Award for Academic Excellence 2006, Griffith University, Brisbane
- IASP Norman Farberow Postvention Award 2005, International Association for Suicide Prevention, www.iasp.info/awards.php.
Bereavement, grief, help-seeking, prevention, postvention, suicide, traumatic death