My research interests are in radio, millimetre and sub-millimetre astronomy, molecular line astronomy, bioastronomy and computational astrophysics.
I am currently working on several projects, including:
- Detecting new complex organic molecules in space, and hopefully finding some of the building blocks of life;
- Using very complex organic molecules to put an evolutionary sequence on the formation of stars;
- Determining how the structure of the Milky Galaxy affect the formation of stars, and
- Investigating the relationship between turbulence in gas in the Milky Way Galaxy and star formation.
- Using data intensive astronomy together with computational astrophysics to understand the relationship between star formation and the surrounding interstellar medium.