2020-present Senior Lecturer, UNSW
2013-2020: Lecturer, School of Mathematics and Statistics, UNSW.
2010-2012: Research Scientist, IPMU, University of Tokyo, Japan
2007-2010: Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Southern California, Los Angeles.
2002-2007: Ph.D Mathematics, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois.
My research focuses on (co)homological invariants associated with complex and real algebraic varieties, especially motivic and Lawson cohomology (with their equivariant aspects), Semi-topological K-theory and Bredon motivic cohomology. These invariants are expected to hold a great deal of information about smooth algebraic varieties. My recent research was concerned with applications and extensions of Milnor’s conjecture (proved by V. Voevodsky) with an eye toward very new and intriguing conjecture of Suslin regarding a possible partial description of morphic cohomology with integer coefficients in terms of singular cohomology.
- Heller Jeremiah, Ostvaer Paul Arne and Voineagu Mircea Bredon motivic cohomology of a complex point, in preparation, 2022
- Kieran Walsh, Mircea Voineagu, Fatemeh Vafaee and Irina Voineagu TDAview: an online visualization tool for topological data analysis, Bioinformatics, 2020
- Mircea Voineagu About Bredon motivic cohomology of a field, JPAA, 2020
- Daniel Shnier, Mircea Voineagu and Irina Voineagu, Persistent homology analysis of brain transcriptome data in autism, Journal of The Royal Society Interface, 2019
- Heller Jeremiah, Ostvaer Paul Arne and Voineagu Mircea Topological Comparisons for Bredon motivic cohomology, Trans AMS, 2019
- Heller, Jeremiah; Ostvaer Paul Arne and Voineagu Mircea Equivariant cycles and cancellation for motivic cohomology. Doc. Math, 2015.
- Heller, Jeremiah; Voineagu, Mircea Remarks on filtrations of the homology of real varieties. Doc. Math. 17 (2012), 641-661.
- Heller, Jeremiah; Voineagu, Mircea Equivariant semi-topological invariants, Atiyah’s KR-theory, and real algebraic cycles. Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 364 (2012), no. 12, 6565-6603.
- Heller, Jeremiah; Voineagu, Mircea Vanishing theorems for real algebraic cycles. Amer. J. Math. 134 (2012), no. 3, 649-709.
- Voineagu, Mircea Cylindrical homomorphisms and Lawson homology. J. K-Theory 8 (2011), no. 1, 135-168.
- Voineagu, Mircea Semi-topological K-theory for certain projective varieties. J. Pure Appl. Algebra 212 (2008), no. 8, 1960-1983.