PhD in Optometry (2017 – May 2022)
School of Optometry and Vision Science,
UNSW Sydney, Australia.
Master of Public Health (MPH) - 2015
Epidemiology and Community Health Department,
University of Ilorin, Nigeria.
Doctor of Optometry (OD) - 2006
University of Benin, Nigeria.
Fellowship, American Academy of Optometry (FAAO) - 2020
(Clinical: Keratoconus management with contact lenses)
Fellowship, Nigerian College of Optometrists (FNCO) - 2019
(Residency in Cornea and Contact Lenses).
- UNSW HDR Completion Scholarship supported by Commonwealth’s contribution under the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship (2022)
- UNSW ARC Post Graduate Council Research Student Award (2021)
- Faculty of Medicine and Health – Support Scholarship, UNSW Sydney, Australia – (2021)
- American Academy of Optometry Foundation’s Clinical Investigator Certification Program Scholarship (2021)
- Student travel grant, Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) Foundation (2021)
- UNSW Postgraduate Research Student Support (PRSS) award (2020)
- Dorothy Carlborg Research Grant, Cornea and Contact Lens Society of Australia – 2019/2020
- Student travel award, International Society for Contact Lens Research (ISCLR) (2019)
- Student travel award, Scientific and Educators Meeting in Optometry, Australia (2018)
- Postgraduate Research Scholarship, UNSW Sydney, Australia (2018 - 2022)
- Identify, define and enhance the quality of eye research through optometry education
- Develop advanced methods (e.g., eye blink measurement) for improving learning in anterior eye health and therapeutics including contact lens wear
- Understanding environmental effects (e.g., digital device use) on anterior eye health
- Promote communication and commercialisation of translational eye research, the relevance and societal impact from academia and industry perspectives