SJD, Melbourne | LLM (Hons), CWRU | LLB (Hons), Melbourne | BA (Hons), Melbourne | Australian legal practitioner
Dr Pamela Hanrahan is a lawyer, legal academic and author who specialises in corporate law, corporate governance, financial services regulation, data governance and business ethics.
She is Professor of Commercial Law and Regulation at the University of New South Wales (UNSW) Business School, a Senior Fellow of the Melbourne Centre for Commercial Law at the University of Melbourne, and founding director of the Cybersecurity and Data Governance Research Network at UNSW Sydney. She is also a member of the Society of Investment Law (USA), a Fellow of FINSIA, and a solicitor member of the Law Society of New South Wales.
Pamela is Deputy Chair of the Business Law Section of the Law Council of Australia, a member of the National Corporate Governance Committee of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, a member of the Conexus Institute Advisory Board, and Deputy Chair of Landcom. In 2010-11 she was the Queensland Regional Commissioner of the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) and in 2013-15 served as the Registrar of Community Housing for New South Wales. In 2016-17 Pamela was an appointed member of the ASIC Enforcement Review Taskforce and in 2018 she was an adviser to the Hayne Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry.
• Professor of Commercial Law and Regulation, UNSW Business School
• Senior Fellow, Melbourne Law School, the University of Melbourne
• Member, Centre for Law Markets and Regulation, UNSW Sydney
• Associate, Centre for Corporate Law, the University of Melbourne
• Founding director, UNSW Business School Cybersecurity and Data Governance Research Network
• Program leader, Academic Women’s Career Advancement Program, UNSW Business School
• Section editor – Securities Industry and Managed Investments, Company and Securities Law Journal
Boards, committees and inquiries
• Deputy Chair, Business Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
• Member, Corporate Governance National Committee, Australian Institute of Company Directors
• Member, Society of Investment Law (USA)
• Member, Corporations Committee, Business Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
• Independent non-executive director and chair of the People and Culture Committee, Landcom
• Member, Conexus Institute Advisory Board
• Fellow, Financial Services Institute of Australasia
• Member, Business Law Section, Law Council of Australia
• Practitioner member, Law Society of New South Wales
• Member, Women Lawyers Association NSW
• Senior member, UA Executive Women