Paul Adam is a botanist, plant geographer and ecologist, and received his PhD from Cambridge University. He holds a senior academic position with the University of New South Wales, and was awarded honorary membership in the general division of the Order of Australia in recognition of his contributions to science, biodiversity conservation and science education. He is a Fellow of the Royal Zoological Society of New South Wales and received the Gold Medal of the Ecological Society of Australia. Paul has particular research interests in wetlands and rainforest.
* Ecology of coastal plant communities - particularly saltmarshes.
* Ecology and biogeography of Australian rainforests with a special interest in pollination ecology.
* Conservation and management of urban bushland.
* Threatened Species
* President, Coast and Wetlands Society Inc.
* Chair, ANZAAS
* Member, Editorial Board for Biodiversity and Conservation (CUP)
* Associate Editor, Journal of Ecology
* Member of the board, National Trust of Australia (NSW)