I am a Neurosurgeon interested in several areas of research in Neurosciences. Particular areas of current interest are brain tumours and novel methods of treatment, Spinal cord injury and degenerative spinal disorders. Several projects are underway or in the planning stages including randomized control trials. If interested or keen to learn or contribute to the exciting developments in neurosciences please join the team
Find my current publications @ https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Prashanth_Rao2
1. Development of spinal cord injury animal model that closely mimics the common SCI seen in humans( Collaboration with Surgical and orthopaedic research laboratory, Prof Bill Walsh)
2. Evaluation of cell membrane and extracellular matrix of brain tumours to aid targeting ( Collaboration with Lowy cancer institute and Faculty of Engineering UNSW)
3. Role of nanoparticles in treatment of brain tumours( Collaboration with Lowy cancer institute, School of Materials Science & Engineering and Faculty of Engineering UNSW)
4. Randomised control trial for discogenic back pain.
5. Evaluation of prognosis of diffuse glioma based on molecular markers