Prem Rashid is a clinical urologist with an academic interest in surgical education. He is the author of several patient guide books on urological conditions & multiple peer reviewed publications.
• He was Chair, NSW/ACT Regional Training Committee (2009-12) and Chair, Board of Urology (Education & Training), RACS (2012-14). He completed the Doctor of Clinical Surgery (Syd) degree in surgical education (2016). He has also been the Meeting Chair - 2016 USANZ ASM and a past Member of the Court of Examiners, RACS. He was a made a Paul Harris Fellow (Rotary) in 2008.
He is currently;
• Past-President, Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand (USANZ)
• Conjoint Associate Professor, University of New South Wales.
• Advisor & Examiner, Reference Group, Programs in Surgical Education - Master of Surgical Education Program, University of Melbourne
• Fellow, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
• Fellow, American College of Surgeons.
• Fellow, Faculty of Surgical Trainers, Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
• Member of the Academy of Surgical Educators, RACS
• Member of the Section of Academic Surgery, RACS
• Graduate, Australian Institute of Company Directors.
• Specialty Editor (Surg Ed), ANZ Journal or Surgery
• Director, Australasian Urological Foundation (AUF)
• Elected Councillor, Urological Association of Asia (UAA)
Research & Publications
• 75 publications, 53 presentations, 28 posters & 22 invited works
• 2 book chapters
• 4 patient guidebooks
• 1 medical student text (Introduction to Clinical Urology)
Certificate of Outstanding Service (Court of Examiners 2014-2022) - Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, May 2023
Certificate of Appreciation (Recognition of Dedication and Contributions to Asian urology) - Urological Association of Asia, Oct 2022
Researcher of the Year - Rural Clinical School, University of New South Wales.
Certificate of Outstanding Contribution (Convenor Annual Scientific Meeting) - Urological Society of Australia & New Zealand, April 2016
Certificate of Outstanding Service (Education & Training) - Urological Society of Australia & New Zealand, April 2014
Certificate of Outstanding Service (Chair, Board of Urology) - Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, Oct 2013
Paul Harris Fellow - Rotary International, June 2008.
Astra-Zeneca Travel prize - American Urological Association Annual Convention, Los Angeles, May 2007.
Travelling Preceptorship in urethral and penile implant surgery - With Professor Steve Wilson, American Medical Systems, USA 2007.
International Preceptorship in Laparoscopic Urology (IPLU) - with Professor Inderbir Gill at the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio, USA. Sponsored by The Australasian Urological Foundation, November 2006.
Astra-Zeneca Travel prize - American Urological Association Annual Convention, San Francisco, May 2004.
Registrar's prize - Urological Society of Australasia (WA Section), Busselton, October 1994.
P B Smith Award for Achievement in Research, Fremantle Hospital, November, 1991.
Ethicon Young Investigators Award (Runner-up) - Registrar's Scientific Paper day, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (WA Section), July, 1991.
Surgical Research Society of Australasia - Travel prize, Annual Scientific Meeting, Melbourne, December 1990.