Steven Lui is an associate professor at the UNSW Business School. He has taught at the Lingnan University of Hong Kong and the City University of Hong Kong before joining UNSW in 2008. He teaches international business courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate level, and the Strategy PhD seminar. His research has received funding from the ARC Discovery Project (2011-2013) and the ARC Linkage Project (2014-2017). Steven received his PhD from the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
2014-2017: Australian Research Council Linkage Project. Innovation in Australian mid-market firms: The critical role of leader cognition. Project no. LP140100838. AU$340,000, (as Principal Investigator), AU$340,000.
2011-2013: Australian Research Council Discovery Project. The Social network antecedents and performance outcomes of service innovation. Project no. DP110100880, (as Principal Investigator), AU$226,000.
- 2010: UNSW School of O&M Research Grant. External network, Firm innovation, and international diversification: A longitudinal study of Korean firms. Project no. PS21298, (as Co-investigator), AU$20,000
- 2010: UNSW Goldstar Research Award. Understanding the impact of alliance portfolio on firm innovation: A longitudinal study of Original Design Manufacturing firms in China. Project no. PS19146, (as Principal investigator), AU$30,000
- 2009: Australian School of Business Research Grant. Impacts of alliance portfolio on innovation: A configurational approach. Project no. PS17226. (as Principal investigator), A$22,000
- 2006-2007: Hong Kong Government RCG, Competitive Earmarked Research Grant. The effect of trust on opportunism at different phases of inter-firm cooperation. Project no. 9041053. (as Principal investigator), HK$348,410
- 2005-2006: Hong Kong Government RCG, Competitive Earmarked Research Grant. Organizing External Relationships: The Effects of Relationship Governance on Knowledge-transfer and Performance in Chinese Technology Companies. Project no. 9040945. (as Coinvestigator from Jan 05 to Jan 06, as Principal investigator from Feb 06 to Dec 06), HK$547,260
- 2004-2006: City University of Hong Kong, Strategic Research Grant. The effect of trust on opportunism at different phases of inter-firm cooperation Project no. 7001672, (as Principal investigator), HK$178,000
- Associate Editor, Journal of Trust Research
- Editorial member, Journal of Management Studies
- Editorial member, Journal of World Business
- Editorial member, Long Range Planning
- Editorial member, Management & Organization Review
- Interfirm cooperation