Dr Usha Krishnan is a Senior Lecturer with the School of Women's & Children's Health. She is also the director of the only paediatric motility service and dedicated multidisciplinary oesophageal atresia-tracheoesophageal fistula clinic in the state. Her research interests lies in childhood motility disorders, functional gastrointestinal disorders, gastroesophageal reflux disease and reflux aspiration, growth and nutrition, eosinophilic esophagitis, gut microbiome and oesophageal atresia.
European Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology Hepatology and Nutrition Networking Grant 2017
1. Eosinophilic esophagitis in Esophageal Atresia
2. Gastrointestinal and nutritional complications in children with Oesophageal Atresia
3. Oesophageal microbiome and risk for Barretts Esophagua in Oesophageal Atresia
4. Stool microbiome in Oesophageal Atresia
5. Role of multichannel impedance monitoring in children with gastroesophageal reflux disease
5. Gastric function in Oesophageal Atresia.
6. Role of pepsin as a biomarker of reflux aspiration
My Research Supervision
1. Does reflux monitoring with multichannel intraluminal impedance affect clinical outcomes in children with gastroesophageal reflux disease (GORD)?
2. Biliary Atresia and Neonatal Cholestasis in neonates