Why choose this MBA
- The MBA (Extension) is intended for students in our MBA (full-time) who are seeking to extend their study plan to include an additional term to undertake an internship or research project.
- The MBA (Extension), totalling 120 Units of Credit, is identical to the MBA (full-time) with the addition of an extra term (Extension Term) and is undertaken over 130 weeks.
Who is this program for?
- Students seeking to extend their MBA (full-time) experience to include an internship or research project in a specific area of interest and relevance to future career plans.
- Successful managers, executives and professionals who want to take their career to a new level
- Ambitious people who want to fast track their chosen career or start a new enterprise
Job and career prospects
- Business leader
- Senior government leader
- Not-for-profit manager
- Venture capitalist
- Executive roles in accounting, finance, marketing, sales and communications, amongst others
Please refer to the MBA (full-time) course structure page for details of the MBA program structure. The MBA (Extension) adds an extra term during which students will undertake an internship or research project.
Applications for the MBA (Extension) are only open to students currently enrolled in the MBA (full-time). The application process occurs after the completion of the core courses, enabling student’s maximum flexibility in the decision to extend their MBA studies.
How to apply
If you are interested in the MBA (Extension) you will first need to gain entry to the MBA (full-time) and complete all core courses. Application to the MBA (Extension) will be managed at this point according to the following protocol;
To apply to undertake an Extension Term a student must:
- Apply for the MBA (Extension) well before being confirmed for Graduation. Student Experience confirms students for graduation soon after final results are received and processed
- Find a suitable Work Integrated Learning project (WIL) and/or choose a topic for their Extension Research Project (ERP)
- Complete the Session 5 MBA (Extension) application form and provide all relevant information including PART A and/or B, an outline of your current situation together with your plan outlining how you will achieve your goals
- Obtain authorisation for the project from the ERP supervising academic including support of the weighting of the ERP
- Submit the application for approval to the Student Experience Office and allow at least 4 weeks for processing
- Once approved you will be notified by the Student Experience Office. A new eCOE will be provided to eligible students by UNSW