Dr. Mojtaba Maghrebi is an Adjunct Lecturer (Assistant Professor) at the Research Center for Integrated Transport Innovation (rCITI) at the University of New South Wales (UNSW) and meantime hold Associate Professor Position at Ferdowsi University of Mashhad (Link).
He also founder and director of Smart Construction Research Lab (Link) at Ferdowsi University of Mashhad.
His research interests are mainly focused on data science and optimization.
Mojtaba, was awarded British Council prize for presented paper at 10th Civil Engineering Student Conference. In 2013 he was bestowed first place in IEEE Technologies of the Future and also highly commended IT innovation certificate which was received at Australia ICT celebration CeBit.
His research interests include innovative branching techniques in Mixed Integer Programming, supervised and ensemble learnings and intelligent decision support systems.
- Advanced/Hybrid Machine Learning Techniques
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Big Data (Social Media)
- Simulation (Discrete Event, System Dynamics)
- Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Optimization (Integer Programming, Mixed Integer Programming)
- Drivers’ Behavior
- Robust Meta-Heuristics
- Parallel Computing
- Intelligent Decision-Support Systems
- Dispatch Planning
Honors & Awards
- First Place - 2021 ASCE VIMS Datathon
- First Place - 2013 IEEE Technologies of the Future - Communications - 2013
- 2013 Highly commended IT innovation certificate, received at ICT celebration CeBit 2013
- Travel Grant awarded by Creative Construction 2013 – Budapest – Hungary
- Scholarship - University of New South Wales (UNSW) - 2013-2014
- Finalist in Deans Award for Excellence in Postgraduate Research - 2013
- Postgraduate Research Student Support (PRSS) award – UNSW- 2012
- British Council (Outstanding Presentation at 10th Civil Engineering Conference)- 2004
- Iran University of Science and Technology (Honors student) - 2006
- Iran Youth National Organization (One of top youth in 2006 in Iran) - 2006
- Iranian Nanotechnology Initiative Committee (Prodcution of Nano Cement) - 2007
- Mashhad City Council (For the Subject of M.Sc Thesis ) – 2008
- Memeber of American Society of Civil Engineers , ASCE
- Memeber of Construction Institute of ASCE
- Memeber of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers , IEEE
- Memeber of Computer Society of IEEE
- Memeber of International Association of Automation and Robotics in Construction, ISARC
- Memeber of Engineers Australia - Civil Engineering
- Hossein Asefi (PhD Candidate)
- Peng Jian (PhD Candidate)
- Zesheng Cheng (PhD Candidate)
- Alireza Jalali Yazdi (Master Student)
- Luiza Ribeiro (Undergraduate Student)
- Julia Miranda (Undergraduate Student)