At the UNSW School of Chemical Engineering we cover a wide range of study areas and are associated with many different professional societies. Some cover broad chemical disciplines, yet others are more focused on a specific area.
Professional societies are a great source of information on your chosen field. They hold networking events and provide invaluable links for your career advancement. Most engineers are members of one or more societies and it’s up to you to choose. Below you can find links to the societies we are associated with.
Chemical Engineering & Chemical Product Engineering
- IEAust (Engineers Australia)
- IChemE (The Institution of Chemical Engineers)
- RACI (Royal Australian Chemical Institute)
- AIChE (American Institute of Chemical Engineers Home Page)
- Joint Committee (JointCommittee of IChemE and IEAust)
- ACS (American Chemical Society)
Specific to Graduates in Food Science & Technology
The following societies and institutes offer membership to graduates in Food Science and Technology and provide services and information to those involved in various facets of food science and technology.
- Australian Institute of Food Science and Technology
- Institute of Food Technologists
- Institute of Food Science & Technology
- International Union of Food Science and Technology
- New Zealand Institute of Food Science and Technology
- Canadian Institute of Food Science and Technology
- Asia Food on-line
- FOODWORX site from AIFST
- Food Science Australia
- Institute of Food Research Norwich
- Leatherhead Food Research Association
- Campden & Chorleywood Food Research Association Group
Regulatory Bodies for the Food Industry
The following are regulatory bodies, mostly associated with different levels of government, that make or enforce food-related policy and legislation. They're also good sources of information on various aspects of food science and technology, but primarily food law and food safety.
- Department of Industry Science & Tourism
- Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service
- Food Law and Policy Australia
- International Dairy Federation
- World Health Organisation
- US Food and Drug Administration
- United States Department of Agriculture
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Ministry of Agriculture Fisheries and Food
- Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry - Australia
- Codex Alimentarius Commission
- New South Wales Dairy Corporation
Publications for Food Science & Technology
The publisher below produces books, journals and other media which emphasise or include aspects of food science and technology.