Researchers at UNSW have shown that a new LED light source can kill the coronavirus. Testing conducted at the microbiological laboratory in the School of Optometry & Vision Science showed that the RayPure Non-UV light (C-Guard, India) was able to kill over 50% of the coronavirus within one hour. The non-ultraviolet (UV) light emitted by RayPure can kill germs including bacteria, molds, and viruses and can be used safely indoors. This new LED light source can be used to continuously disinfect indoor spaces such as classrooms, waiting rooms and living rooms and help prevent transmission of diseases including COVID-19.