Industry Advisory Board Committee
The Industry Advisory Board Committee (IAC) of the School has been constituted to:
- Provide the School with a dynamic view of the external environment and of developments in energy technology
- Provide advice to the School on the relevance and application of its research programs
- Provide insight into the skills of graduate students sought by industry and the community in Australia and overseas, and feedback on how well the School is meeting these needs
- Mentor the School in the development of new relationships that will assist with the execution of its research strategy and the alignment of its curriculum.
The Role of the IAC
The Industry Board IAC advises the Head of School on external views of the undergraduate and graduate programs and research directions of the School.
Briefs may also be provided to the IAC at various times to address specific issues that arise in the School. The IAC may also raise issues that it would like to see investigated and provide some advice on these to the Head of School.
The IAC comprises of distinguished people nationally from the oil and gas sector and mining industry. This may include professional from government, who advise on the vision and strategic direction of the School. The Board and takes a real interest in aspects of the School’s operations from a top-level view.
Committee members are selected and highly regarded for their breadth of experience and discussions range across a variety of topics including:
- Operational matters
- The strategic direction of the School
- Major initiatives
- Research initiatives
- Teaching programs
- Advice on industry developments