The School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering (MME) provides and maintains an extensive number of laboratories for student and staff use in Willis Annexe, Building J18.
The following represents a checklist to obtain access.
1. Obtain your zID number and swipe card from UNSW.
2. Discuss which lab and equipment you require access to with your Academic supervisor.
4. Arrange and attend your Lab Induction with the Technical Officer for the lab you require access to (please send them your SAA form for some background).
5. Email the completed SAA and HS049 forms to your supervisor for final signatures.
6. Email fully completed forms to the Health and Safety unit to email@example.com and cc your Technical officer.
7. Discuss with your Technical Officer how training can be arranged and how to book equipment.
8. Discuss with your Technical Officer
ONLY IF you need to use a lab that contains class 3B or 4 lasers, contact the School's Laser Safety Officers via email Mech.firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Read This RMF on SafeSys and click 'declare as read' : ENG-MECH-RMF-1366: Safe use of the Lasermet Interlock Systems for class 3B and class 4 lasers in Willis Annexe
2. Laser users must start with the Laser Safety Awareness. The course is available to all staff & student via myUNSW registration
3. In addition to the above you will do one of the following:
The purpose of this Protocol is to provide information about the mandatory Personal Protective Equipment, including protective clothing, wherever it has been identified as a risk control measure across the MME Laboratories.
This protocol applies to all staff and students who undertake any activity on behalf of the MME laboratories, where PPE has been chosen as a risk control measure. It applies in mechanical, chemical and biological laboratories, and workshops. This protocol does not apply to designated computer laboratories.