Investigating bodies in rotational and translational equilibrium. Uses specialised equipment allowing the balancing of up to 5 forces in different directions at once.
- Determine the resultant of a number of vectors from diagrams drawn to scale.
- Determine the resultant force by resolving the forces into orthogonal components.
- Investigate torque.
Links to Stage 6 Physics Syllabus Content
- Explore the concept of net force and equilibrium in one-dimensional and simple two-dimensional contexts using: (ACSPH050).
- Algebraic addition
- Vector addition
- Vector addition by resolution into components
- Investigate the relationship between the rotation of mechanical systems and the applied torque.