Uses an oscillator to generate standing waves in a string. Length, string tension and driving frequency can be adjusted. Mass of string is calculated.
- The role of the medium in the propagation of mechanical waves.
- The transfer of energy involved in the propagation of mechanical waves (ACSPH067, ACSPH070).
- Displacement and amplitude (ACSPH069)
- Wave superposition (ACSPH071, ACSPH072)
- Driving frequency
- Natural frequency of the oscillating system
- Amplitude of motion
- Transfer/transformation of energy within the system (ACSPH073)