Are you at immediate risk of harm?

For immediate emergency assistance call Police, Ambulance, Fire (000) or UNSW Security (9385 6666). If you need to talk to someone right now contact the 24 hour service 1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732). 

Behaviour that amounts to sexual assault or sexual harassment is not accepted at UNSW.

If you have been affected by gendered violence, you might like to consider the following steps to receive support or make a report at UNSW.

  • You have control of what action you take (including no action), and you can change your mind.  You do not have to decide quickly. It is important you make the decision that is right for you.  You might want to speak to someone you trust about what action to take; here are some options you may wish to consider:  

    Remember, what has happened to you is not your fault. It is your choice to decide when or if you will access support, and whether you will make a formal report. UNSW has policies and procedures in place to support you – when you are ready.  

  • If you feel able, you may like to discuss what has happened with someone that you trust – a friend, family member, someone at UNSW, a First Responder – or seek professional advice. 

    You can access counselling support from the following services: 

  • If you are approached by someone for advice and support in relation to sexual assault, sexual harassment or gendered violence we can help you.

    You can access counselling support from these services: