A constant current source is used to charge various unknown capacitors. Datalogging equipment is used to measure voltage with respect to time.
- Understand that capacitors hold charge
- Develop an understanding of the relationship between charge, time and voltage
- Understand how to add capacitors in series and parallel
- Improve knowledge of practical circuits
Links to Stage 6 Physics Syllabus Content
- Conduct investigations to describe and analyse qualitatively and quantitatively:
- Processes by which objects become electrically charged (ACSPH002)
- Investigate the flow of electric current in metals and apply models to represent current. (ACSPH038).