Uses specialised calorimeters and data logging equipment to measure the specific heat and latent heat of fusion of water.
- Develop an understanding of the difference in heat and temperature.
- Understand the concepts of heat capacity and latent heat.
Links to Stage 6 Physics Syllabus Content
- Explain the relationship between the temperature of an object and the kinetic energy of the particles within it. (ACSPH018).
- Explain the concept of thermal equilibrium. (ACSPH022).
- Analyse the relationship between the change in temperature of an object and its specific heat capacity through the equation: (ACSPH020).