Our enduring links with the business community define our hands-on and grounded approach to teaching, research and lifelong learning.
Here are just a few ways our industry partners can benefit from insights into the latest business thinking, and our students and academic staff can apply their knowledge in practical ways.
Shaping Business Practice and Policy Through Research
- Professorial Chairs sponsorship, such as the Macquarie Group Chair in Financial Services
- Public and private sector research partnerships, such as the World Bank, the Australian Bureau of Statistics and the Commonwealth Bank
- International experts from leading business schools, such as the PwC Visiting International Research Fellows program
- The UNSW Business School Student Research Fair, bringing together the brightest research students to present their work-in-progress and to meet senior industry leaders
- Bring our research expertise in-house with consulting services
- Industry Advisory Boards for research centres and organisations, such as the Australian Institute for Population Ageing Research, the Centre for Social Impact or the Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Ensuring Our Students Are ‘industry-ready’
- Industry-sponsored scholarships for both talented and disadvantaged students, including our prestigious Co-op Program, now in its 22nd year
- Guest lectures from outstanding business leaders, including case stories, panel discussions and seminars, or acting as mentors and advisors to faculty and students
- Industry internships give students the opportunity to work for short periods in large and small organisations in the corporate and government sectors
- Consulting closely with major recruiters and employers to develop the curriculum
- Support for student clubs and societies to provide opportunities for students to meet with industry practitioners in an informal context
- An executive in-residence program that invites leading industry practitioners into the School to share their experiences and expertise with our students
- Career development and advice to assist with graduate employment
Supporting Lifelong Learning
- Lifelong learning for executive and management teams through our Executive Education for large organisations in Australia and the Asia-Pacific
- Professional development and networking opportunities for alumni, including Meet the CEO, which gives alumni and students access to contemporary thinking in business by its leading practitioners. Guest speakers have included Sir Richard Branson of Virgin and Nicholas Moore, CEO of Macquarie Group
Strategic Business and Education Alliances
- The Business Advisory Council includes chief executives, chairs and senior executives of Australia’s major organisations and is a valuable source of business advice, support and information
- Partnerships with professional associations such as the Institute of Chartered Accountants, CPA Australia and the Australian Institute of Marketing
- Partnerships with leading international business schools provide opportunities for student and faculty exchange, research initiatives and teaching opportunities.