• PhD in Marketing: in progress (UNSW Sydney, Australia)
• MA in Integrated Marketing Communication (City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR)
• BA in Public Affairs Management (Nanyang Normal University, China)
I am a Lecturer at the School of Marketing. My research interests are services marketing, consumer behaviour, social marketing, and sustainable marketing. My PhD thesis is about developing and applying a measurement instrument to evaluate the performance of educational services.
In support of my research, I was awarded a Travel Grant to attend the 2019 Doctoral Colloquium in Australia and New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference (ANZMAC), where I received a Highly Commended Paper award. My work received the Best Paper Award in ANZMAC Doctoral Colloquium 2020 and was published in the ANZMAC 2021 Conference Proceedings. I also served as a reviewer for ABDC A-ranked journal, Australian Journal of Management, and ANZMAC 2021.
I started to teach at UNSW in 2019 and became the Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (AFHEA) in 2020. I have been a PhD Teaching Fellow at UNSW Business School for two years (2020-2021) and have taught undergraduate (including the BCom IFY course) and postgraduate courses in face-to-face and online modes. Promoting a student-centred working philosophy, I won the Business School Award for Teaching Excellence in Tutoring in 2021. The average rate of my teaching evaluation in myExperience is 5.71 out of 6.
Meanwhile, I have served as the student representative of the UNSW Business School Research Committee for two years (2019-2020). I volunteered as a Peer Mentor for a group of first-year HDR students across faculties in the UNSW HDR Peer Support Program in 2021. Recently, I was nominated as the faculty representative for the Early Carrer Academic Network (ECAN).
• 2021: Research Training Program (RTP) Fee Offset Scholarship
• 2020: ANZMAC Doctor Colloquium Best Paper Award
• 2020: UNSW Dean’s Award for Service Research
• 2019: ANZMAC Doctor Colloquium Highly Commended Award
• 2018: UNSW Tuition Fee Scholarship
• 2019: ANZMAC Doctor Colloquium Travel Grant $1,000
• Yu, H., Uncles, M., and Jiang, Z. X. (2021). 'Co-creation in Learning: Scale development and application,' ANZMAC 2021 Conference Proceedings, ANZMAC, Melbourne, Australi
• Yu, H., Uncles, M., and Jiang, Z. X. (2020). 'Exploration of co-creation in the learning economy: Conceptualisation, interpretation, measurement, and consequences,' ANZMAC online Doctor Colloquium.
• Yu, H., and Zheng, X. (2013). 'Contributions to dependency on micro-blog concerning Media System Dependency Theory,' International Communication Association (ICA), Shanghai, China.
• Yu, H., Uncles, M., and Jiang, Z. X. (2019). 'Scoping review of co-creation experience in learning services industries,' presented at ANZMAC 2019 main conferences, Wellington, New Zealand, 3 December 2019