About Master of Philosophy (MPhil) Commerce & Economics
The UNSW Master of Philosophy (MPhil) Commerce & Economics is designed to give you a deeper insight into your discipline. You’ll explore underlying paradigms, advanced theory and research processes in your area of interest.
Who is This Degree for?
- Graduates with excellent results in their undergraduate degree (preferably with honours)
- Postgraduates with excellent results in their postgraduate coursework degree who want to acquire basic research training
This research degree begins with four coursework subjects including research methodology that’s relevant to your field of study. You’ll then conduct your own specialist research project, which comprises at least 66% of the degree. This is your chance to contribute to knowledge in your field. This research degree will also enable you to acquire the research training that is needed to apply for a PhD degree.
When you join the UNSW Business School, you’ll be joining a cohort of high-achieving students and have access to the very latest business research. You’ll be mentored by high-profile academics and welcomed into our vibrant, globally recognised research community.
Choose from the following specialisations:
- Risk and Actuarial Studies
- Banking and Finance
- Taxation and Business Law
- Industrial Relations
- Human Resource Management
- Organisational Behaviour
- Information Systems and Management
- International Business