How Can I Join a PASS Group?
PASS sessions begin in week 3. Timetables for the PASS groups are handed out at lectures in the first two weeks of session and/or are made available on the course Moodle websites. There’s no need to register.
We recommend that you attend the same group regularly but there is no obligation. You can even attend more than one PASS group a week in a subject if you like. You can also choose to attend some weeks but not others.
How Can I Get The Most Out of PASS?
- Be interactive – this is the optimum way to learn
- Come along with questions and raise issues
- Attend regularly
Are You Interested in Becoming a PASS Leader?
PASS leaders are mainly 2nd and 3rd-year students who:
- Have good results (usually a distinction) in the relevant first-year courses
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have an enthusiastic commitment to supporting first-year students
Leaders are trained by the PASS academic coordinators and the PASS coordinator. They’re supported and supervised by the academic coordinator and attend weekly team meetings. Leaders are paid for participating in training, conducting PASS sessions, and attending weekly meetings.
How to apply
Advertisements will appear on the School websites in October and announcements will be made in your classes. PASS leader applications need to include:
- A cover letter/application form
- Your CV
- Your academic transcript
Successful applicants undergo training in late February of each year. Applications to be a PASS leader for Actuarial Studies and Commerce (ACTL1001) in session 2 open in April.