Use this form to indicate your preferences for tutorial classes in the upcoming term.
This form is only to be used by casual staff who have previously taught in the School of Mathematics and Statistics UNSW or who have been placed on an eligibility list. Applicants with no previous experience with the School should instead fill out the CASUAL TEACHING ELIGIBILITY LIST APPLICATION form.
- The number of tutorials that need to be staffed varies from year to year. The submission of this form does not guarantee employment.
- Applications will not be processed until a couple of weeks before the start of term and part-time loads will not be finalised until just before the start of term.
- Tutorials for many courses start in Week 1.
- Due to classes being amalgamated or closed down your load may fluctuate during session.
- To prepare for the possibility that classes may be moved online at some during the term, tutors must have access to good internet.
- Tutors for MATH1131/1141/1231/1241 must be familiar with the Maple symbolic algebra package.
- Tutors for MATH1041 must be familiar with R and RStudio.
- Tutors for MATH1151 must be familiar with Matlab.
- Rates of pay can be found at www.hr.unsw.edu.au/services/salaries/casacsal.html
- Please try to submit your initial applications at least three weeks before term starts. You can always submit an updated form later if your information changes.
- Since 2021 T2: Note that MATH1131/1141/1231/1241 tutorials cover both algebra and calculus each week. This means every tutor will have to teach both the algebra and calculus parts of the course.
- NEW FROM 2022 T1: It is now also the case for MATH1151 which will from now on will have just one tutorial per week which is combined algebra and calculus
Fill out the details below and click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page. A confirmation will be sent to the email that you provide. If you do not receive this email, please check with Joshua Capel or Laure Helme-Guizon to ensure your application has been received.