If you have a problem which may affect your ability to carry out your studies, it is important to advise your tutors and lecturers. Allowances may then be made for your circumstances.

If you miss a test or exam, or are unable to submit an assignment due to your circumstances, then you need to follow the standard School Policy on Illness and Misadventure.

If your problem is very serious, you may want to consider deferring your studies for a period of time. Talk to your program coordinator, the Director of First Year, or the Director of Undergraduate Studies.

You may apply for Special Consideration by following the standard University rules. Medical certificates or other written evidence to support your request should be supplied where appropriate.

There is a UNSW Counselling Service which provides a free and confidential service for UNSW students.