About the Master of Taxation at UNSW
The UNSW Master of Taxation is a fast-track to Australian taxation law expertise from UNSW Business School, a leading institution in the Asia-Pacific region. Within one year, you’ll be able to advise on complex taxation issues in business administration and tax policy.
You’ll specialise in a taxation field that suits your interests or career goals. There’s potential professional recognition available for certified accountants and lawyers. There are also opportunities for international study, professional experience and making important industry connections.
You can study the Master of Taxation completely online, depending on your chosen electives. This degree is ideal for commerce graduates who have majored in taxation and now seek to advance their knowledge. It's also recommended for tax professionals wishing to increase their career potential.
Focus the UNSW Master of Taxation to meet your career goals in key areas:
- Taxation: advanced knowledge in Australian tax policy and professional skills
- International Taxation: advanced international knowledge and professional skills
- Revenue Administration: analyse case studies related to the taxation office, public service, and agencies related to emerging economies
- Applied Taxation: accounting, business administration, and advisory essentials
- Taxation and Financial Planning: law and business education in financial planning and superannuation.
UNSW Business School subjects consistently rank within the top 50 worldwide. We're rated “well above world standard” for Accounting and Auditing by the Excellence in Research Australia government assessment.